12 Servings | Prep Time 7 mins| Total Time 35 mins
Hi guys, welcome back to our blog.
It’s been raining Bananas all week and we cant help it
I am here to make sure your bananas doesnt end up in the bin😅. Those of you who are guilty of binning your bananas, because the bananas lo feel they are spoilt, I command you to stop it now😂
Today we made some healthy oatmeal banana Muffins.
3 cups of rolled old fashioned oats
5 meduim ripe Bananas
1 tbspn Cinnamon (optional)
⅛ tspn Nutmeg (optional)
2 eggs at room temperature
½ tsp of salt
A tsp of Baking soda
1 ½ cup of Milk
A teaspoon of Vanilla flavour
half Cup of Raisins/chocolate/any toppings of choice
Preheat your oven for ten minutes. Grease your muffins pans with butter or coconut oil, alternatively place a muffin cup. (If you live in Nigeria, moimoi cups can be used in place of muffin papers)
- Measure out two cups of rolled old fashioned oat and pour into a bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon , stir till completely mixed.
- Peel your bananas, and use a fork or potatoes slicer to mash it. You might want to use a very ripe almost spoiling banana to enhance its sweetness.
- Break one egg at a time into the mashed banana, add milk, vanilla and give a good stir.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine together. It may look watery but not to worry, It will be cooked perfectly.
- Using a cup or scooping spoon, transfer the batter into the muffin pans. You do not want your muffins pan to be overflowing, so it is better to keep it half filled.
- Add your desired toppings like raisins, chocolate chips on top and pop into the oven.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins until it is cooked.
- After baking, allow it to cool down, then use a knife and gently bring out the muffins or if using a muffin cup paper, bring the cups out and place on a cooling rack.
why oatmeal Banana Muffins
Muffins are great ideas for a quick breakfast and this recipe is ideal for people who doesn’t take sugar. You can add sweeteners like honey or brown/white sugar depending on how ripe your bananas are.
We depended totally on the bananas here for the sweetness as we used overripe bananas.
Baked Oatmeal Banana muffins can last as long as you want in the fridge in tight food containers. It only requires to microwave them whenever you are readyto eat, as they are best eaten hot.
• Cupcake or muffins pans • A large bowl • Egg whisk • Cupcake paper(optional) • coconut oil or butter for greasing • Baking brush • Spatula
I hope you have stopped throwing your bananas away. You have one thousand and one things to do with your ripe bananas and I’m here to give you ideas.
Have you seen our recipe for a super moist Banana Bread? Without mincing words, once you try it, you would want to buy bananas everyday and intentionally let them soften. 😃😁
Follow us on Instagram @nne.simdikitchen and subscribe to our YouTube channel @nne.simdihacks for more simple and easy recipes.